We're marketers. That's what we are. Talent acquisition is about promoting opportunities. Driving brand loyalty. Evaluating customer sentiment. Participating in the conversation about our brand. Whether you like it or not, if your game is talent, your playing field is strangely similar to a marketer's. And that because it's all about the experience. Ever find yourself running to post a review on Yelp, TripAdvisor or OpenTable? And when you do--you're always talking about the experience. That's why marketers live to transform the brand experience. It's an operational exercise. You want to look at every step of the process, get feedback and then look at it again. You want to think big too--how does the experience make the customer think and feel? Would they come again? Is there loyalty there? Would they recommend you to a friend? Marketers live, eat and breathe all of these things. And so should talent acquisition leaders.
Enter the Candidate Experience Awards. Designed to showcase companies delivering the best in the experience job candidates receive, the Candidate Experience Awards provide insight into an often overlooked part of the talent process--the experience.
I'm lucky to be joining a great collection of HR professionals as part of this year's Candidate Experience Council. As the Council elevates the importance of candidate experience, we'll be encouraging your organization to apply--because get this--it's not about the award. It's about the experience. "The CandE Award process is a competition, but it is also designed to provide every organization that chooses to participate confidential and specific feedback on how they can improve their candidate experience." Winner or not, you'll get valuable feedback you can't always attain from inside the organization.
Whether you're hearing about this for the first time, or sighing and thinking "Is this really worth my while?" We say yes. Want to know more? Ask me or any of these fine folks joining me on the Council:
- Chris Brablc, online marketing manager, SmashFly Technologies
- Anna Brekka, senior director, Recruiting Trends
- Linda Brenner, founder and managing director, Designs on Talent
- Master Burnett, director of Strategy, BraveNewTalent
- Peter Clayton, founder, senior producer and host, TotalPicture Radio, Jobs in Pods
- Kelly Dingee, Strategic Recruiting Manager, Staffing Advisors and blogger, Fistful of Talent
- Kris Dunn, partner and CHRO, Kinetix RPO and founder, Fistful of Talent and HR Capitalist
- Andrew Gadomski, founder, Aspen Advisors
- Ben Gotkin, principal consultant, Recruiting Toolbox, Inc.
- Kevin Grossman, founder/author of Reach-West and volunteer for Hirewire
- Lance Haun, editor of SourceCon, ERE Media
- Carmen Hudson, principal consultant, Recruiting Toolbox, Inc.
- Jennifer McClure, speaker and consultant, Unbridled Talent
- Joe Murphy, vice president and co-founder, Shaker Consulting Group
- Steven Rothberg, founder, CollegeRecruiter.com
- Josh Schwede, vice president of Business Development, HireVue
- Sean Sheppard, vice president of Sales, TalentCircles
- Susan LaMotte, principal consultant and founder, exaqueo
- Bennett Sung, independent consultant
- William Tincup, founder, Tincup & Co., industry blogger and co-host of DriveThruHR
- John Vlastelica, managing director, Recruiting Toolbox, Inc.
- Bryan Wempen, chief strategy officer, PeopleClues and co-host of DriveThruHR
- Sarah White, founder and CEO, Sarah White & Associates
- Eric Winegardner, vice president, Client Adoption, Monster Worldwide