exaqueo, an employer brand consulting firm, is rapidly growing and we’re seeking new employer brand consultants. We are headquartered in Charleston, SC but these are full-time, salaried, fully virtual roles with benefits. Candidates must reside in and have proof of authorization to work in the United States.
This is not an entry-level role. We're looking for two to ten years or more of experience in employer brand, talent acquisition, internal communications, and/or marketing. We align consultant levels based on breadth and depth of experience. We're currently looking to hire candidates at the Associate Strategist or Strategist level.
What we do
We build employer brands and the candidate and employee experiences that deliver on those brands with high-growth and F500 companies all over the world. We are a consulting firm with full agency services. Our engagements range from full-scale employer brand development to candidate and employee experience to full creative and digital execution. We’re known for our workforce research and almost every engagement we complete has a research component. We're also known for our approach to employer brand strategy--it's holistic, cutting-edge, and strategic -- in addition to our bespoke client service.
Consulting is exceptionally challenging and our deep expertise means you have to learn and get up to speed fast. To find meaning, satisfaction, and value in our work, you have to have an incredible amount of initiative, love intellectual challenges, and thrive on data analysis and getting into every detail.
We balance the challenge and rigor our work requires by working an honest, 40-hour work week surrounded by a tight-knit team with a camaraderie that is second to none. We appreciate the ability to work virtually, and we are deeply committed to our clients and each other.
This role is a balance of project management and expert consulting. You'll be working with our clients who come to us for our specific expertise in employer brand, talent strategy, candidate and employee experience. You’ll develop a rapport and build trust with them and help to grow additional project work. You will help gather and analyze workforce research to provide clients with recommendations on talent strategy and employer brand. You’ll partner with our creative team to develop creative and digital executions and other external, vendor partners.
Your days are focused and full. In one minute you might be presenting to a senior executive client or analyzing both qualitative and quantitative research data to distill into a client report. In another, you’re building our detailed project plans or experience journey maps. Your work is balanced between managing client engagements using our developed processes and tools and providing expert guidance and consulting in the areas where we specialize. From day to day, you might be planning a kickoff meeting with a new client, leading employee focus groups, building an employer brand architecture or managing the administrative details of a project plan.
You may find yourself managing challenging clients, addressing tight deadlines, and/or going back to the drawing board. The work moves fast--so if you’re looking for a job that moves at a slow and practiced pace, we’re not the place for you. You’ll have days where you’re moving from task to task or meeting to meeting at a frantic pace. You thrive on work like this and say ‘bring it on’ because you love the reward of seeing your work come to life, watching our clients succeed, and our company grow.
What the job offers:
- Work variety: you’ll have your hands in a number of talent and brand challenges, from tactical to strategic, across numerous industries
- Collaboration: a highly collaborative team where responsibility is shared; we collectively own success and work together to achieve our goals
- Intellectual challenge: you'll be challenged to think, analyze and problem solve in ways you never have
- Autonomy: The ability to own and be accountable for your work
- A first-rate team: a smart, hard-working, experienced and talented team committed to growing our company and to supporting each other
- World class clients: we work with well-known, high-performing, and high-value brands all over the world
- Innovation and expertise: we're experts in employer brand and deliver research, strategy and creative in a cutting-edge way no other firm can match
- Fair compensation: level-based salary equity and yearly performance-based compensation payout
- Virtual work: the opportunity to work from anywhere in the United States
- Supportive benefits: healthcare, 401(k), vacation, unlimited sick leave, disability insurance, and more
- Flexible schedule: flexibility to manage your own schedule within our core set of hours
What we’d like you to bring:
- Experience: You must have specific experience in a combination of employer brand, human resources, talent acquisition, talent management, internal communications, and/or marketing. We appreciate and value consulting firm experience in HR, strategy, or related field. We look for two to ten years or more of In-house (non-vendor/agency) brand experience in a high-growth or mature, F500 company.
- Listen hard, move fast: You have the ability to learn on the fly, get up to speed, and understand direction the first time
- Project management: You're deadline driven, you thrive on detail-orientation and can independently manage work streams and engagement
- Hard work: You welcome and embrace hard work and work with the mindset of getting the most out of every minute of the day
- Smart sense of initiative: You’re always looking for ways to exceed expectations, and attack a project or task when needed but you’re not too experienced or proud to help wherever it’s needed
- Communication: You love to communicate in written and spoken word, and can communicate in a concise, structured, professional, and courteous way
- Leadership: You like leading projects, teams and groups, and have experience in facilitation
- Executive presence: You’re articulate, confident, and comfortable in front of executives and senior leaders
- Connect with our values: When you read our values and work rules you think "that's exactly how I get work done"
- Relationship-building experience: Your colleagues like working with you, you gain people’s trust quickly, you work collaboratively and are inclusive, kind, and honest
- An interruption-free environment: You have a set place to work and you’re not multi-tasking or responsible for other things during your work hours
- Travel: You can travel about 10-15% of the time on trips typically ranging from one to three days (our team works together to make travel convenient and we follow all government health and safety protocols and recommendations)
Equal employment opportunity: exaqueo is a certified diverse supplier and an Equal Opportunity Employers (EOE). We advocate and support EOEs. We make employment decisions without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based upon any of these characteristics. Such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law and is not in concert with our core values.