exaqueo, an employer brand consulting firm and Inc. 5000 company, is rapidly growing and we’re seeking a Director of our Research Practice. We are headquartered in Charleston, SC but this full-time, salaried, role is fully virtual with benefits. Candidates must reside in and have proof of authorization to work in the United States.
We're looking for a practice builder and leader with 10 years or more of experience in human capital research, data analysis, storytelling, and workplace behavior.
What we do
We build employer brands and candidate and employee experiences that deliver on those brands with high-growth and F500 companies all over the world. We are a consulting firm with full agency services. Our engagements range from full-scale employer brand development to candidate and employee experience to full creative and digital execution. We’re known for our workforce research and almost every engagement we complete has a research component. We're also known for our approach to employer brand strategy—it's holistic, cutting-edge, and strategic—in addition to our bespoke client service.
Consulting is exceptionally challenging and our deep expertise means you have to learn and get up to speed fast. To find meaning, satisfaction, and value in our work, you have to have an incredible amount of initiative, love intellectual challenges, and thrive on data analysis and finding value in every detail.
We balance the challenge and rigor our work requires by valuing balance, personal needs, and recharge time. And, you’ll be surrounded by a tight-knit team with a camaraderie that is second to none. Everyone on the team is deeply committed to our clients and to each other.
This role will lead the growth of our research practice while also providing management and oversight of insight, data, and research components of our client-facing work.
This role is a balance of building our research practice, creating research standards, tools, and technologies, and consulting on insights gathering and reporting within existing projects. You'll be working with our team of strategists to serve clients who come to us for our specific expertise in employer brand, talent strategy, candidate, and employee experience.
You will be coaching colleagues to understand, appreciate, and deepen their research capabilities. You’ll develop a rapport and build trust with them as you partner on data collection, analysis, and storytelling. You’ll also be building a team of research analysts to support deep data design and analysis.
Your days will reflect that balance. In one minute you will be analyzing both qualitative and quantitative research data to help the consulting team build the insights story narrative. In another, you’re building out our strategic approach to thought leadership and recurring revenue products for data and insight.
Your work is balanced building the future of our research business (what) and providing expert research guidance, consulting, and standards on existing projects (how). From day to day, the work is a balance between internal—strategic collaboration with our CEO, roadmap, and strategy planning—and external—heads down planning analysis, consultant collaboration, and some client and external presentation and delivery.
The work moves fast—so if you’re looking for a job that moves at a slow and practiced pace, we’re not the place for you. You’ll have days where you’re completely heads down, and others where you’re going from meeting to meeting at a rapid pace. You thrive on work like this and say ‘bring it on’ because you love the reward of seeing your work come to life, watching our clients succeed, and our company grow.
What the job offers:
- Work variety: you’ll have your hands in a number of talent and brand challenges, from tactical to strategic, across numerous industries
- Collaboration: a highly collaborative team where responsibility is shared; we collectively own success and work together to achieve our goals
- Intellectual challenge: you'll be challenged to build a research direction in human capital that hasn’t been done before
- Autonomy: the ability to own and be accountable for your work
- A first-rate team: a smart, hard-working, experienced and talented team committed to growing our company and to supporting each other
- World-class clients: we work with well-known, high-performing, and high-value brands all over the world
- Innovation and expertise: we're experts in employer brand and deliver research, strategy, and creative in a cutting-edge way no other firm can match
- Fair compensation: level-based salary equity and yearly performance-based compensation payout
- Virtual work: the opportunity to work from anywhere in the United States
- Supportive benefits: healthcare, 401(k), generous vacation, unlimited sick leave, disability insurance, and more
- Flexible schedule: flexibility to manage your own schedule within our core set of hours
What we’d like you to bring:
- Experience: You must have specific experience (~10+ years) in a combination of human resources research (specifically workforce, talent acquisition, labor market and employment) data analysis, content creation, and data storytelling. We appreciate and value consulting firm experience in HR, strategy, or related fields.
- Listen hard, move fast: You have the ability to learn on the fly, get up to speed, and understand direction the first time
- Dual-focus: You’re excited about the idea of building a thought-leadership practice, while also managing the current day-to-day of research execution
- Leadership: You like leading projects, teams and groups, and have experience in facilitation
- People development: You enjoy developing people, seeing them grow, and cheering them on as they contribute in ways they never thought possible
- Executive presence: You’re poised, confident, comfortable, and well-practiced in presentation and facilitation with executives and senior leaders
- Project management: You're deadline-driven, you thrive on detail-orientation, and can independently manage work streams and engagements
- Hard work: You welcome and embrace hard work and work with the mindset of getting the most out of every minute of the day
- Smart sense of initiative: You’re always looking for ways to exceed expectations, and attack a project or task when needed but you’re not too experienced or proud to help wherever it’s needed
- Communication: You love to communicate in written and spoken word, and can communicate in a concise, structured, professional, and courteous way
- Connect with our values: When you read our values and work rules you think "that's exactly how I get work done"
- Relationship-building experience: Your colleagues like working with you, you gain people’s trust quickly, you work collaboratively and are inclusive, kind, and honest
- An interruption-free environment: You have a set place to work and you’re not multi-tasking or responsible for other things during your work hours
Travel: You can travel about 10-15% of the time on trips typically ranging from one to three days (our team works together to make travel convenient and we follow all government health and safety protocols and recommendations)
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email email@example.com to apply.
Equal employment opportunity: exaqueo is a certified diverse supplier and an Equal Opportunity Employers (EOE). We advocate and support EOEs. We make employment decisions without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based upon any of these characteristics. Such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law and is not in concert with our core values.