We get our hands dirty building client solutions brick by brick.
Our team isn't afraid to go all in and do whatever it takes to get our work done. exaqueo is a place for people who like autonomy and want ownership of their work and life but are focused enough to eliminate distractions when it’s time to work.
exaqueo is a virtual, flexible company. We're headquartered in Charleston, SC but our consultants work from all over the United States. We get our work done when our clients need it, but we’re flexible on how, when and where. This allows us to deliver great work with expert, practiced consultants that is more cost efficient.
MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS INTERN
(PART-TIME, REMOTE: Work virtually from anywhere in the U.S.)
exaqueo, an employer brand experience firm, is growing and we’re seeking a part-time marketing and communications intern or associate. We’re looking for a high-energy, efficient marketer who’s looking to grow his/her career in marketing/communications and employer brand. This role has the ability to grow into a full-time opportunity.
We specialize in building cultures, employer brands and talent strategies for global companies. Our engagements range from full-scale employer brand development to culture and recruiting strategy. We’re known for our workforce research and almost every engagement we complete has a research component.
In this role, you’ll be managing the day-to-day execution of communications, marketing and public relations for our growing, high-visibility business! Your hours will be balanced between developing social media content and managing our content strategy to helping drive PR opportunities and educate our clients on trends and research.
Specific responsibilities include:
Marketing, Content and Social Media Management:
- Social Media Management: finding and sharing relevant content through our channels
- Encouraging and promoting engagement on our social channels
- Enhancing and managing yearly content calendar
- Managing blog schedule and soliciting content
- Creating, finding and/or sharing relevant content through our channels and encouraging and promoting engagement on our social channels
- Publishing blog content and creating supporting visuals
- Curating and publishing monthly Talent and HR round-up
- Writing and scheduling social media posts in conjunction with speaking engagements or conference attendance
- Managing SEO strategy and execute on SEO needs (i.e., SEO page titling etc.)
- Help coordinate and execute any social good efforts
- Tracking quarterly website metrics from Google Analytics
Communications and PR:
- Drafting client and community communications with announcements/updates etc
- Brainstorming new and innovative ways to communicate to our clients
- Seeking, recommending and responding to PR opportunities relevant for our CEO, colleagues and clients
What we have to offer:
Work variety: you’ll have your hands in a number of HR challenges from tactical to strategic
Virtual work: the opportunity to work from anywhere
Realistic compensation: A fair hourly rate for your expert work
Flexible schedule: set your own hours and work at your own pace as long as you’re meeting internal and client deadlines and available to the team
Support: Job shadowing and training to get to know our company, our clients and our work
Commitment: A small, energetic team committed to growing our company and to supporting each other
What we want in return:
Experience: 1-3 years of Marketing, Communications or Social Media internship or part-time experience
Education and training: You’re completing a college degree (or have completed) in marketing, communications, HR and/or brand
Interest: You’re passionate and interested in the areas where we do business and looking forward to reading and staying up to date on trends
Fast learner: You have the ability to learn on the fly, get up to speed and understand direction the first time
Fit with our team: When you read our values and work rules you think "that's exactly how I get work done"
Relationship-building experience: your colleagues really like working with you and you gain people’s trust quickly
Humility: you’re not too experienced or proud to help wherever it’s needed
An interruption-free environment: you have a set place to work and when you’re working, you’re not multi-tasking or responsible for other things
Flexibility in hours: you’re available, and interested in, a schedule of 5-15 hours a week balancing your own hours against team members' availability
To apply, please provide your resume and describe (1) how your experience matches our job requirements, (2) what you find most interesting about what we do, and, (3) your hourly rate requirements.
We're always eager to hear from talented candidates who want to learn more about what we do. Contact us for more information about career opportunities not listed here.