Face Time: exaqueo’s client Building Excellent Schools shares with Human Resource Executive how Susan’s strategy recommendations changed their process for the better.
Want to Work With a Startup? : Susan joins colleagues from YEC to share tips on getting a job with a start-up.
What if Women Don’t Want It All?: Susan’s latest post for Forbes highlights a new perspective on the debate around women in the workplace.
With Sequester in Effect Recruiters Notice Varied Impact on Hiring Strategies: The Washington Post’s Sarah Halzack shares the perspective of area experts on the talent and hiring in the wake of the recent sequester. This article was also featured as the lead story in SmartBrief on Workforce.
At Last, the Job Market Shows Signs of Recovery: The Wall Street Journal features Susan’s advice on job searching during the recovery.
Expert Opinions on Work-at-Home Policies: SmartBrief on Leadership features exaqueo as a virtual business and our founder Susan’s perspective on making work-at-home actually work.
Ten Best Reasons to Be an Entrepreneur: Inc. features Susan’s perspective on opportunity.
How NOT to Get a Job in 2013: Forbes features Susan’s tongue-in-cheek take on job searching in the new year.
12 Essential Traits to Start-up Success: Learn what makes entrepreneurs successful in this piece from Inc. that includes Susan’s wisdom.
13 Top Mobile Apps for Entrepreneurs: Susan shares her favorite app on the go among other leading entrepreneurs on The Next Web.
Forget Work-Life Balance: Give Us Choices Instead: Workers care about flexibility more than anything else these days. Susan shares a new perspective for Forbes and how one company, Stella & Dot has built a business on flexibility. This article was also featured in The Triple Dot Newsletter.
The Secret to Hiring Olympic Talent: Susan’s included with other entrepreneurs sharing advice on start-up hiring for Startup Nation.
Why Your Brand Promise is Nothing Without Delivery: Susan blogs for Forbes on the importance of employees in brand delivery in the wake of Hurricane Sandy.
RemarkableHire Interview: Susan talks about her role as advisor to start-up RemarkableHire: “Many in the recruiting space know Susan – who currently heads-up a consultancy called exaqueo - but if you don’t, she’s been around the block a few times and has a solid reputation.”
Business Insider Australia: A perspective on women in HR and why the profession can’t be dominated by just women anymore.
The YEC: Susan shares her perspective about how HR is so much more than hiring and firing.
12 Things to Consider When Deciding Where to Start-Up: Susan’s advice is featured in a collection among other entrepreneurs.
How to Effectively Utilize Students For Your Business: Susan’s thoughts included in this post from Fox Small Business.
4 Tips to Staying Focused After Leaving the Corporate Scene shares Susan’s experience on building a business the second time around. This article was also featured in Black Enterprise.
ForbesWomen features Susan’s article: 4 Ways to Balance Freedom with Focus When Starting Up.
Ask the Entreprenuers–Susan shares her favorite entrepreneurial tool on LifeHack.
Susan’s HRExaminer article on a salary negotiation gone wrong was featured in Monster’s 5 for Friday.
Susan’s article on investing in talent appears on Portfolio.com.
Marriott International named 2012 Best Employer Brand by ERE for operational year 2011 when Susan served as the company’s employer brand leader.
Marriott International named the top “social media star” in human resources as part of Fortune’s Top 100 companies to work for. Susan was responsible for launching Marriott’s HR Social Media strategy including the social recruiting game, My Marriott Hotel.
Susan named to Unbridled Talent’s Top 100 HR/Recruiting Professionals
- The Wall Street Journal
- The Alstin Blog
- Smart Brief on Leadership
- Lodging Hospitality
Past Sound Bytes:
▪ SmartBrief on Hospitality and Travel: Susan sits down with Editor Angela Giroux Scheide to discuss hospitality jobs and talent.
▪ The New York Times: Susan shares her best resume advice in a guest post.
▪ BNET reporter Adriana Gardella: features Susan’s perspective on ways that you can flunk a job interview.
▪ The John Tesh Blog: includes Susan’s advice on seven steps to take in your job search.
▪ The Wall Street Journal’s FINS Building Your Finance Network: on how to use your friends and family to build connections.
▪ SmartBrief’s SmartBlog on Workforce, Looking Back At the Year: on the price of missed connections.
▪ Glamour Magazine, Print Edition: on how to use Twitter effectively for your job search or career management.
▪ Washington Post on Bad Jobs Happening to Good People: on what to do when the company you have worked for has been accused of impropriety and you have to reference it on your resume or in an interview.
▪ First 30 Days.com on Finding Your Dream Job: on interviewing for those ready to finally take the job searching plunge.
▪ Workforce Week reporter Mark Schoeff reports on SHRM: the Society for Human Resource Management: on SHRM’s crossroads in serving its members featuring Susan’s insights.
▪ Loyally Yours The Online Magazine for Alpha Delta Pi: features Susan’s advice on how to make the right career decisions.
▪ The Washington Post on Interviewing: Mary Ellen Slayter shares some of Susan’s insights on interviewing for job seekers who think they’ve got it all down.
▪ The Wall Street Journal’s Career Journal on Recruiting Blogs: Sarah Needleman reports on a list of recruiting and job searching blogs that job seekers can use to get inside information.
▪ The Baltimore Sun on Creating a First Class Resume: Hanah Cho reports on the keys to a resume that works.
▪ The Today Show’s Jean Chatzky: Jean interviews Susan on Oprah’s XMRadio channel.