Like many of you, most members of the exaqueo team first earned their stripes by working in the trenches of recruitment. Shannon’s first position was as an agency recruiter in the Washington, D.C. area during a time when we still faxed resumes! Emily started her career as an HR intern at a government contractor and was working remotely for the organization by her senior year of college, and then hired as a new grad on their university relations and recruiting team.
Recruiting can sometimes feel like a thankless job—and we know all about the time, effort, and heart that goes on behind the scenes into finding and keeping talent. Now, for the first time ever, there is a day set aside to celebrate recruiters, hiring managers, sourcers, and everyone who makes an impact on the talent acquisition (TA) profession.
Introducing Global Talent Acquisition Day, September 5, 2018
We took the pledge to celebrate Global Talent Acquisition Day (#GlobalTADay) via ilovetalentacquisition.com. To get our celebration on, our team curated 15 articles and resources to help you (and your team) grow and develop in your talent acquisition career, because we believe we're better professionals when we can learn from each other.
Resources at Your Fingertips
- 2017 Talent Board Candidate Experience Research Report: completing the form will also give you access to the two key 2017 report executive briefs and past reports
- Employer Brand Learning Resources: a list of conferences, blogs, podcasts, and networking opportunities for TA professionals interested in employer brand
- HR Open Source: we often experience similar recruitment challenges. Here you can access case studies and templates from like-minded peers
- Understanding Culture, EVP, and Employer Brand: a simple way to understand what culture, employer value proposition (EVP) and employer brand are and how they all work together
- Candidate Experience Resentment Calculator: a calculator tool to help you understand the impact rejected candidates have on your reputation and even your bottom-line revenue
HR Articles Worth Reading
- The CHRO’s Guide to Culture by Sharon George, Gartner
- How Do We Design Workplaces For Inclusivity And Diversity by Dr. Pragya Agarwal, Forbes
- Your Employees Aren't Taking Time Off, and It's Hurting Your Business. Here's Why You Should Force Them Out the Door by Steve Farber, Inc.
- This CEO Is Pioneering A New Approach To Work Flexibility And Supporting Mental Health by Melody Wilding, Forbes
- How to Strengthen Your Reputation as an Employer by Sarah Clayton, Harvard Business Review
- The Secrets of Staying Power by Blaire Briody, Graduate School of Stanford Business
- 6 Alarming Ways HR Executives Are Putting Enterprise Growth At Risk by Glenn Llopis, Forbes
- The New Rules of Talent Management by Peter Cappelli and Anna Tavis, Harvard Business Review
- Who’s The Best Employer? Making Sense of Best Place To Work Lists by Josh Bersin, LinkedIn
- How Job Seekers Discover Jobs is Actually Changing by Jeff Dickey-Chasins, HRExaminer
Whether you’re joining the #GlobalTADay activities by learning something new or attending a local networking event, we hope that recruiters around the world know that what they do matters. Every day, the work they do impacts organizations, customers, and people’s lives. Now that’s worth celebrating.