With flowers blooming and the promise of warmer weather just around the corner, our team has been reading up on thriving company cultures and fostering wellness with growth. In this month’s roundup, #teamexaqueo has curated 5 articles to get your nurturing wheels turning:
- HOW TO CREATE A WORKPLACE CULTURE OF WELLNESS FROM THE BALANCE CAREERS
- Employers are under intense pressure to rein in costs and increase profitability. This is particularly true when it comes to developing employer-sponsored wellness programs.
- As a result, employers focus their time and money on identifying and trying to fix the obvious causes of poor employee health (smoking, overeating, lack of exercise, etc.) that are driving up costs. Unfortunately, in part, this is an example of missing the forest for the trees. Yes: These unhealthy lifestyle habits must be addressed. But, it’s how, when, and why employers address them that determine the likelihood of success
- 7 BEST PRACTICES FOR SETTING UP YOUR CORPORATE WELLNESS PROGRAM FROM FORBES
- It’s a genuine movement, and a positive one: Companies are competing with one another to offer the most effective and comprehensive workplace wellness programs. Over the past 10 years, the corporate wellness industry has grown by 30 percent, with revenues expected to continue to rise.
- THE 4 ‘ATTACHMENT STYLES’ AND HOW THEY SABOTAGE YOUR WORK-LIFE BALANCE FROM NY TIMES
- Our subconscious programming — developed through our youth and on into adulthood — plays a huge role in how we survive or thrive at work. Here’s how your “attachment style” may affect your office relationships.
- HOW TO LEAD A TEAM WITH EMPATHY & KINDNESS FROM GARY VAYNERCHUK
- Empathy and kindness aren’t normally seen as qualities you need to lead a team. But I believe in them so much. A lot of people think of leadership qualities as “paternal” — qualities like being aggressive or stern. I think of them as maternal. I think the best managers have caring, empathetic personalities. Most people overlook the importance of being able to show emotion.
- HOW YOU CAN NURTURE A CULTURE OF WELLNESS FROM FORBES
- Many companies have taken the plunge into workplace wellness. Each year, more and more companies begin to offer wellness services including onsite flu clinics, biometric screenings and online platforms. While these are all steps in the right direction to achieve a healthy workforce, many employers don't see the bigger picture.
The Talent and HR News Update is a #teamexaqueo collaboration. exaqueo is an employer brand experience firm building employer brands and the talent strategies that drive them through research, consulting, and creative and digital execution. Contact exaqueo to learn more about our employer brand innovation, workforce research, and recruitment strategy offerings.